On-Demand Webinar Series
Led by three biotechnology experts, this complimentary live webinar series offers insight to the state-of-the-art in biopharmaceutical production. Learn about recent advances in single-use technology and their applications upstream and downstream. Gain an overview of current best practices for scale-up and production using microbial, insect and mammalian cell culture systems. Meet the presenters...
Tracking Single-Use: An Introduction to Single-Use Manufacturing Systems Including a Survey of Technology, New Developments, and Economic and Operational Issues
Presenter: Geoff Hodge
Single-use disposable bioprocessing products have gained rapid worldwide acceptance by biopharmaceutical manufacturers. As a result, single-use disposable products have reduced contamination rates, enhanced production throughput, and decreased overall operating costs. Recent collaborations between leading filtration, container /closure, mixing, and cell culture companies have resulted in fully-integrated single-use disposable bioprocessing platforms and systems.
This webinar examines the benefits of disposable bioprocessing systems that incorporate a wide scope of polymeric single-use products. The following are covered:
- Single-use disposable technologies, from upstream to downstream processes, as related to the use of polymeric devices
- The related applications used in the production of biopharmaceuticals and pharmaceuticals
- How to increase productivity, reduce or eliminate cleaning and sanitization processes, reduce batch / cross batch contamination
- A comparison of the material cost savings and reduction in operational expenses using disposables vs. traditional hardware
An Overview of Biologics Manufacturing Processes and Things to Consider from Development to Commercial Scale
Presenter: Kevin Lauziere
This presentation will provide an overview of a typical biologics manufacturing process and will touch on all the various stages of manufacturing from vial thaw to the bottling of purified bulk. The importance of process design during the development stages and the influence on commercial scale operations will be covered. We will discuss how bench studies can affect both equipment design and process flow and how this defines commercial operations. The influence of automation will also be explored and how this can make life easier in some ways and harder in others.
You will learn how:
- Influencing early development can help with commercial facility design.
- Bench studies effect equipment design and process flow.
- Automation can be used in a process and the pros and cons of its use.
High Level Recombinant Protein Production in Insect Cell Culture
Presenter: Dr. Kamal Rashid
This webinar will discuss:
- The historical development of insect cell culture, and how insect cell culture evolved to become a source of recombinant protein production.
- Baculuvirus Expression Vector Systems (BEVS) and their utilization with insect cell culture, and why baculuviruses are currently receiving so much attention.
- How insect cell coupled with baculuvirus expression vectors are utilized in vaccine production.
- The benefits to your company for utilizing insect cell/BEVS culture for new product development and more.
Got 7 minutes? Take this short survey and help improve the grad-school-research experience for you and your peers.