Coming Soon to WPI Online Graduate Programs
WPI is always developing new specializations and programs to stay current with industry trends and needs. Below you will find details about up and coming programs or specializations that will be available as part of WPI's online graduate programs.
Please note: these programs are under development. Courses and names of courses are subject to change pending final approval. Check back for more additions to this page.
If you are interested in learning more, please fill out the form to be contacted with exclusive updates on enrollment.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute is building a brand-new online master’s degree program in Systems Engineering, and you can be the first to know when it launches.
About the Program
In WPI’s new interdisciplinary M.S. in Systems Engineering Leadership program, students will:
- Hone systems engineering knowledge while increasing business acumen
- Gain critical skills for leaders in highly technical fields
- Learn to predict and model the impact of change in complex systems
- Become experts at holistically viewing, designing, and maintaining intricate systems and projects
- Grow as leaders and decision makers
Courses are delivered 100% online, making this a perfect program for any working professional who wants to advance their career. Online students at WPI earn the exact same degree as their campus counterparts, with added flexibility and support.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- 3 letters of professional recommendation
- A current resume
- GMAT or GRE scores may be waived for candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA, with a course of study that included at least two quantitative courses with a grade of 3.0 or higher AND who meet one or more of the following three requirements:
- Three or more years of work experience
- A professional certification such as INCOSE SEP, PMI PMP, CPA, CFA, CFP, Six Sigma, or similar
- An existing master’s or earned doctorate with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
After completing this program, the student is prepared to:
- Describe a complete systems architecture of an AV that can operate in real world environments
- Build a data description of the environment from sensor data fusion
- Construct a deep learning based, short time, self-driving system which provides real-time control from perceptual data and physical constraints.
- Build a heterogeneous sensor fusion solution for largescale navigation.
- Evaluate challenging problems in conventional control and their impact when applied to autonomous vehicles
- RBE 500. Foundations of Robotics
- RBE 501. Robot Dynamics*
- RBE 502. Robot Control*
*Requires RBE 500.
- RBE 595 ST. Deep Learning for Autonomous Vehicles
- RBE 595 ST. Sensors and Data Fusion
- RBE 595 ST. Distributed Systems Architecture for AV
- RBE 595 ST. Robust Controls for AV
- RBE 595 ST. Autonomous Vehicle Simulation