The WPI Online Gateway Scholarship
Application window for 2019 has closed.
WPI Online is proud to announce our third run of the Gateway Scholarship, an award that will assist our students in funding their graduate education at WPI.
At WPI Online, we believe in the importance of lifelong learning and understand the unique challenges a working professional faces in making the decision to return to school. That is why we have created the Gateway Scholarship: to alleviate some of the financial strain that comes with advanced education.
Recipients will have up to four years to complete their master’s degree while receiving the benefits of this award. During this time, their tuition will be reduced per credit. Given today’s costs, the scholarship would reduce tuition by 10%, which could result in nearly $5,000 in scholarship funding toward a WPI graduate education over four years.
Five students will receive the Gateway Scholarship each year. Those who do not receive the award this year are welcome to apply every year.
To be eligible for the Gateway Scholarship:
- Have applied and been accepted into a part-time, online master's degree program at WPI prior to August 22, 2019
- Current graduate students must have a GPA of 3.0 at the time of application
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Certify that the award amount does not exceed the out-of-pocket expenses for graduate education
- The application is now closed.
- Write a 250-word essay on what makes you a deserving recipient of the Gateway Scholarship
- Attach your resume to the application form